Join Us / Donate
We welcome applications on an ongoing basis!
The Action Alliance is always seeking volunteers to answer our 24-hour hotline, represent us at community outreach events, and more.
Bilingual (Spanish/English) Hotline Crisis Services Spec. and Hotline Crisis Services Spec.
Application deadline: open
The Hotline Team is always accepting applications and a job posting can be found below. Applications are evaluated on a rolling basis as positions become available. Should materials match an opening hotline leadership will directly reach out to candidates.
(Bilingual) Hotline Crisis Services Specialist
The Virginia Sexual and Domestic Violence Action Alliance, Virginia’s statewide coalition addressing sexual and domestic violence, is hiring part-time (bilingual/bicultural, Spanish & English) Hotline Crisis Services Specialists to provide culturally competent crisis intervention services.
Duties and Responsibilities
Hotline Crisis Services Specialists will:
• Respond to and document calls, chats, and texts in English (and Spanish) from survivors of sexual and intimate partner violence; their family members and friends; allied professionals; and the general public.
• Ensure quality responses to each of the Hotlines answered by the Action Alliance, including the Virginia Statewide Hotline, the PREA Hotline, the LGTBQ+ Helpline, and the hotlines of local sexual and domestic violence agencies.
• Ensure the delivery of effective and timely services to agencies that work with the statewide hotline.
• Follow up with callers who identify intimate partner violence and/or sexual violence as primary issues.
• Attend and participate in internal, state, and national training activities concerning the dynamics of domestic and sexual violence, crisis intervention, active listening, supportive counseling, risk assessment, safety planning, intersections of oppression and violence, legal advocacy, and resource identification/development.
This position requires work, volunteer, or internship experience delivering services in English (and Spanish); a basic knowledge of intimate partner violence, sexual violence, and our work at the Virginia Sexual and Domestic Violence Action Alliance; and strong organizational skills. All Action Alliance staff must be committed to the agency’s mission and guiding principles. Working with the Action Alliance requires dedication to cooperating with peers, participating in group processes, utilizing healthy conflict resolution skills, and modeling respectful relationships.
Successful candidates will be proficient in Office 365 and have experience with online documentation and databases.
This is an hourly non-exempt position that will be scheduled to work 10 to 30 hours from Sunday to Saturday, including holidays. Since we operate the Hotline 24/7, many shifts are outside traditional business hours. The hourly rate of pay starts at $15. Limited statewide travel is required for training; national opportunities may also be provided.
The Action Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to hiring and supporting a diverse staff. We strongly encourage people of diverse racial, gender, and ethnic identities and abilities to apply.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Reed Bohn by email at email@example.com, or mail your application materials to:
c/o Action Alliance
1118 W. Main St.
Richmond, VA 23220