Policy Plan and Position Statements
Action Alliance’s Public Policy Strategic Priorities: 2017-2023
1. The Action Alliance will prioritize policy efforts that promote an understanding that sexual and intimate partner violence are preventable.
2. The Action Alliance will increase engagement among Action Alliance members and general public in policy activities and advance the purposeful inclusion of diverse experiences and voices in policy efforts.
3. The Action Alliance will prioritize policy efforts that strive to promote conditions that ensure every child has opportunity to reach their full potential and dignity to the last child
4. The Action Alliance will continue to expand evidence-informed approaches to sexual and intimate partner violence victim services and offender accountability, including alternatives to the traditional criminal justice response.
5. The Action Alliance will prioritize policy initiatives that sustain and build member competence to effectively respond to and prevent sexual and intimate partner violence.
The strategic priorities listed above are guided by our Public Policy Strategic Plan.
ACTION ALLIANCE POSITION STATEMENTS
The position statements below inform policy leaders, the media, and the general public about issues facing advocates and survivors. Policies that align with these principles help shape and support safe, healthy, and thriving communities throughout the Commonwealth.