Resources for Caregivers
Teaching youth the skills of consent and communication can help reduce sexual coercion, harassment, and assault – and are the building blocks of healthy relationships. When we teach youth about consent, we help them learn how to express what they want and don’t want. We give them tools to express their limits. We teach them that they deserve to be treated in a respectful way. Teaching consent also means teaching youth that it’s just as important to respect others’ limits and wishes. We teach them that their friends have a right to say “no” and “yes” and have that be respected.
You can use the 1-minute “Ask.Listen.Respect.” video to spark conversations with your teen about respectful relationships, the importance of consent, and how teens can ask for and give consent in their friendships and dating relationships. The free Parent Guide offers simple conversation starters to open up a discussion after watching the video. Access the video and guide at www.teachconsent.org/parents.
- Brochure: Kids and Domestic Violence- English
- Brochure: Kids and Domestic Violence- Spanish (La ninez y la violencia doméstica)
- Brochure: Kids and Sexual Abuse- English
- Brochure: Kids and Sexual Abuse- Spanish (Los niños y el abuso sexual)
Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect
If you need support reporting child abuse and neglect you are welcome to contact the Statewide Hotline for support, or visit the Virginia Department of Social Services’ site for more information.
- Click here for our Chat. (Chat feature works best on a computer or tablet.)
- Text: 804.793.9999
- Toll-free hotline: 1.800.838.8238
Reporte de Abuso y Negligencia Infantil
Si necesita ayuda para reportar abuso y negligencia infantil, puede comunicarse con la Línea Directa De Ayuda para obtener apoyo, o visitar el sitio o página del Departamento de Servicios Sociales de Virginia para obtener más información.
Línea de Ayuda de Virginia (Virginia Statewide Hotline):
- Haz clic aquí para chatear (La función de chateo es más fácil de utilizarla si usa una computadora o tableta.)
- Texto: 804.793.9999
- Línea de Ayuda gratuita: 1.800.838.8238